Vintage Jewelry Workshop
Taught by Linda Duryea
3rd Saturday of Every Month 10:00am to 12:30pm
Have you been saving your grandmother’s favorite broach that you will never wear? Or do you have broken and outdated costume jewelry that has sentimental value and you can’t part with it? If the answer is yes, let’s turn those treasures into a work of art that can be proudly displayed in an 8 ½” X 11” picture frame. This course is for ANY skill level. Linda will show you step-by-step how to create a beautiful picture that can be proudly displayed AND passed down from generation to generation. So don’t leave your treasures sitting in your drawer or jewelry box…….let’s showcase them!
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
• How to choose the perfect color palette
• How to transfer your pattern (you will decide what pattern you want from a variety of ideas)
• How to create a balanced composition
• How to arrange your jewelry to make your design
• How to prep the frame for your background
• The best adhesives and tools to use
• How to lay out your arrangement before gluing
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE:
• 11” x 14” gold picture frame
• Velvet backing for jewelry
• Tools for creating
• Take home handout
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: Any jewelry pieces that you wish to include. Some suggestions are beads, chains, charms, watch faces, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, pins, keys, and any other sentimental objects you wish to use.
So, clean out your jewelry box, go to thrift shops, flea markets, yard sales, and find extra pieces you might want to use in your unique design! This course is a fun, no pressure, hands-on class so come join the fun!